Boost your Grades with us today! Get your 15% Discount Now!
Recommending An Evidence
Recommending An Evidence
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
- Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
- Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
- Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an audience.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
- Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
- Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience. Provide a rationale for why you selected this dissemination strategy.
- Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
- Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
- Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
- A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)Critical Appraisal of Research
Critical Appraisal of Research
Part 3A: Critical appraisal
Violence against nurses is an issue that has been identified as a significant global problem. Registered nurses are the most affected people, and the violence may be physical assault, bullying, or verbal abuse. As presented in the article, “workplace violence in nursing: a concept analysis,” Al-Qadi (2021) clarifies the concept of workplace violence in an organized manner. The introduction makes it easier for any reader to capture the overall concept and how it needs to be solved. Also, the background information helps define the term violence and goes into depth by discussing the various types and how they can be reported. The method used to conduct the study and the results reveal the practice as a threat that causes injuries whenever it occurs.
This is also evident in the article “Workplace violence against emergency service nurses: an integrative review.” From this work, Jofre et al. (2020) present a review of the worldwide frequency of verbal and physical violence against nurses and the occupational and health impacts that it causes. The authors conduct a comprehensive study using library databases such as SciELO, CINAHL, LILACS, and MEDLINE. For any reader, this provides them with a direction on the best materials to consider when conducting research. From the article, the authors have established a technique that assists them in achieving the desired results. Most assault tends to occur in the emergency service, ranging from physical violence and verbal aggression. Also, the article presents a comprehensive conclusion that recommends the need to stop violence against nurses that affect their productivity. Therefore, it is easier for any reader to capture the required intention.
When nurses are assaulted, it may come from senior staff colleagues or patients. Therefore, there is a need to investigate the nature of violence nurses may face from various people. Electronic health records can assist in providing better care to patients, while the data can be used to study how patients assault their care providers (Mitchell et al., 2014). In their article, “Electronic Health Record Mortality Prediction Model for Targeted Palliative Care among Hospitalized Medical Patients: a Pilot Quasi-experimental Study,” Courtright et al. (2019) comprehensively present the reason behind EHR development. They represent the best research by describing how the EHR model approach can assist reduce the mortality rate among patients. The article helps inform the reader that the mortality rate can increase due to any incidence of violence against nurses, affecting their production rate. Also, the causes of reduced production among nurses are presented in an organized manner by Sisawo et al. (2017) in their article “Workplace violence against nurses in the Gambia: mixed methods design.”
The article presents an overview of workplace violence against nurses and the factors associated with the issue. Any reader of the article can assess the factors as lack of management attention, shortage of drugs and supplies, disagreements among clients and nurses, and security vacuum. Although the research study was conducted in the Gambia, it provides an understanding that the same factors can apply to any other nursing organization. The authors use the research technique that every researcher should emulate.
Part 3B: Best practice
The best practice is a research method that identifies, combines, describes, and distributes efficient strategies established by healthcare professionals or researchers to ensure effective delivery of care services. The article “Workplace violence against nurses in the Gambia: mixed methods design” presents the best practice so that a reader can capture and understand the concept behind workplace violence against nurses. The article utilizes a research technique that explores nursing violence.
Nurses’ violence is an issue that has persisted in most health care organizations. Therefore, addressing it would assist in improving nurses’ productivity, which is affected by burnout associated with violence. The article identifies various factors associated with violence. For instance, lack of security, staff and drug shortage, and poor workplace manners among nurses where nurses may utter indecent language towards their clients (Sisawo et al., 2017). The research uses qualitative and quantitative designs that assist in easier data collection. Hence, the research uses an evidence-based practice that uses interventions whose efficacy is well supported by numerous scholarly evidence.
The study proves the best practice by proposing various measures. For instance, the authors suggest the need to have interventions in the future that responds to the nursing staff’s needs to ensure workplace violence prevention. Also, the article suggests compulsory in-service education for nurses. It includes service behaviors, safety training, understanding of clients’ needs, and communication skills to effectively deal with workplace assaults that may arise on incoming nurses (Sisawo et al., 2017). Similarly, education can assist in heightening workplace violence in the workplace and improving nurses’ public image. Moreover, they suggest protecting staff by beefing up security at the various healthcare facilities. This is by assigning trained security guards, having patient visitors’ check-in procedures, and installing security video monitoring systems to reduce any violence in the workplace.
Al-Qadi, M. M. (2021). Workplace violence in nursing: A concept analysis. Journal of occupational health, 63(1), e12226. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8103077/
Contreras Jofre, P., Valenzuela Solís, Á., Pinto Soto, J., Mendoza Ponce, N., & López-Alegría, F. (2020). Workplace violence against emergency service nurses: an integrative review. Revista panamericana de salud publica, 44, e173-e173. 10.26633/RPSP.2020.173
Mitchell, A., Ahmed, A., & Szabo, C. (2014). Workplace violence among nurses, why are we still discussing this? Literature review. Journal of nursing education and practice, 4(4), 147-150. http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v4n4p147
Sisawo, E. J., Ouédraogo, S. Y. Y. A., & Huang, S. L. (2017). Workplace violence against nurses in the Gambia: mixed methods design. BMC health services research, 17(1), 1-11. https://bmchealthservres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12913-017-2258-4
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!