Boost your Grades with us today! Get your 15% Discount Now!
NUTRITION ASSESSMENT AND TEACHING ASSIGNMENT
Nutrition is an essential component of overall health and wellness. The registered nurse plays a key role in assessing nutritional status and educating patient on nutrition to promote a healthy lifestyle, prevent nutrition related disease, and mange chronic health disorders. This assignment will focus on assessment of nutritional status, analysis of the current diet, and educating on the priority change to improve nutrition.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes
· Assess whether nutritional intake provides basic nutrients for optimal health and wellness
· Describe nutritional needs for optimal health and wellness for the individual
· Describe evidence based practice interventions and modifications in nutrition therapy that can positively influence the outcome of disease and illness
Refer to Course Calendar for details. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
There are 75 possible points with this assignment
Preparing the assignment
There are three parts to this assignment.
1. The first part of the assignment consists of data collection. A nutritional assessment will be conducted on a family member or friend who is at least 18 years of age. The person should identify at least one nutritional goal that they wish to achieve. A 24-hour dietary recall of all the food and drink consumed on a particular day will be recorded on the provided Excel spreadsheet. Obtain the person’s height and weight in order to calculate the Body Mass Index.
2. The second part of the assignment consists of analyzing the diet to see how much of the different nutrients were consumed in the 24-hour period and how the intake compares to the current recommendations for the person’s age and gender. An analysis should be made of the intake of protein, fat, vegetables, fruits, grain, dairy, water and fiber. Based on the analysis, identify the area(s) of improvement needed in order to meet the current recommendations along with the person’s nutritional goals.
3. The third part of the assignment is the education piece where 2 – 4 specific suggestions will be made to the person to help them meet their personal nutritional goals and the current recommendations. In this part, describe the methods used to teach them and give their response to this education.
The assignment will be submitted in an APA formatted paper with a title page, an introduction, a conclusion and a reference page. The paper should be 2-3 pages not counting the title page and reference page. A minimum of four (4) scholarly references dated within the last five (5) years must be used. The course textbook is the only textbook that may be used as a reference.
All required data is collected:
-Person’s nutritional goal(s)
-24-hour dietary recall
-Height, weight and Body Mass Index
Diet analysis consists of:
-Amount of specific nutrients required daily
-Amount of specific nutrients eaten that day
-Analysis intake of protein, fat, vegetables, fruits, grain, dairy, water and fiber
-Identify area(s) of improvement needed to meet national dietary recommendations
-Identify area(s) of improvement needed to meet person’s nutritional goals
-Provides education for the areas of improvement
-Provides 2-4 specific recommendations
-Describes the methods used to teach
-Describes the person’s response to the education
|APA Style and Presentation
-APA guidelines are followed for format, citations and references
-A minimum of four scholarly references used
-No reference is more than five years old
Updated February 3, 2020
Grading Rubric for Nutrition Assessment and Teaching Assignment
All required components of assessment included
Missing 1 required component of assessment
Missing 2 required components of assessment
Missing 3 or more required components of assessment
Includes critical analysis of all required components
Missing analysis of 1-2 required components and/or analysis lacks sufficient detail and/or analysis is not clear and organized
Missing analysis of 3-4 required components and/or analysis lacks sufficient detail and/or analysis is not clear and organized
Missing analysis of more than 4 required components and/or analysis lacks sufficient detail and /or analysis is not clear and organized
Education reflects main area identified for improvement and includes all required components
Education reflects main area identified for improvement but missing 1 required component
Education reflects main area identified for improvement but missing 2 required components.
Education reflects main area identified for improvement and missing more than 2 required components OR education does not reflect main area identified for improvement.
|APA format and presentation style
APA formatting consistent with no errors and paper is clear and organized
APA formatting is inconsistent with 1 -2 types of errors in spelling, grammar, citation or references and/or the paper is not clear and organized
APA formatting is inconsistent with 3-4 types of errors in spelling, grammar, citation or references and/or the paper is not clear and organized
APA formatting is inconsistent with more than 5 types of errors in spelling, grammar, citation or references and/or the paper is not clear and organized
|Total Points Possible = 75 points
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!